Collections by Carol/ summervp

Collections by Carol/ summervp
a/k/a Prints As Art

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What Inspires You?




I've been asked "What Inspires You".  I guess to be honest, I'd have to say:  the day and the opportunity.  I get up and it's beautiful outside: I go out and shoot.  I get up and the weather is not so good:  I  post process the images I shot yesterday.  I get up and I have 9 errands to run that day:  I grab my list and my camera (because you never know when the opportunity will arise) and I head out the door crossing things off the list as a go. 

What inspires me is that you never know what the day holds in store for you unless you seize the day. I believe opportunity creates action and inversely, action creates opportunity.  If I don't act; I simply don't create.  So I just get out there and....do it!

In addition, this past year has taught me not to question or to negate a photo shoot opportunity based simply on whether I think someone will like the art I produce..or that they will buy it.  I simply produce the art and let others decide if they like it or not. I like it, I like the process of what I do, I refuse to get hung up on whether someone else likes it or will buy it.

I found this great quote by a very controversial yet successful artist:

     " Don't just think about making art...get it done.  Let everyone else decide if its good or bad,
       whether they love it or hate it.  While deciding, make even more art."
                                                                                                        -Andy Warhol-

And like Warhol...I'm too busy creating to worry about my 15 minutes of fame...I might miss something.


1 comment:

Sonja Oldenburg said...

This is all very true, some photos I have taken that didn't seem very special have proven to be very useful in future work. I heard on a podcast recently that the difference between an amateur artist and a professional is the professional treats art as a job that needs to be done every day, whether inspired or not, and makes sure to create some art everyday.