Collections by Carol/ summervp

Collections by Carol/ summervp
a/k/a Prints As Art

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jellystone Park - Fremont, WI

 

Jellystone Park - Fremont, Wisconsin. Imagine waking up to a breathtaking sunrise on beautiful Partridge Lake...but wait the sunsets are just as beautiful and doubles with falls spectacular colors, as you can see here.  The staff is committed to making Jellystone Park a first class facility, and their goal is for each and every guest to take back with them memories that will last a lifetime.  The park is located just outside of Fremont, nestled on the stunning shores of beautiful Partridge Lake, Fremont Jellystone Park is more than just a campground, it’s a first class resort with all the amenities of spacious campsites and tent sites, rustic camping cabins and full service cottages. The campground is just minutes from the Wolf River and along Partridge Lake.  Partridge Lake is 990 acres of shallow and reedy water, which is a favorite hiding place for large schools of bluegill, perch, large-mouth bass, northern pike, small-mouth bass, catfish, and walleye. The Wolf River Flow-age, famous for walleye and white bass, is just a mile downstream. Whether you need bait or a boat, our Jellystone Park Bait and Tackle shop carries all you need to get started. Water fun begins at the Jellystone Park bait shop. They have pontoon or jon boats for rent, along with canoes, and paddle-boats. 
I drive past this park almost daily and one day after work I noticed the colors and the light seemed to be perfect for pictures.  I usually carry my camera with me so I turned into the park,  walked into the office and asked the manager if I could do a drive through and stop along the way to take pictures. He said he was happy I stopped by and to feel free to explore, handed me a map and pointed me in the direction he thought would give me some of the best vantage points.  I in turn promised I would let him know when I posted this Blog and photos on Capture Wisconsin.  The afternoon was glorious, actually it had been years since I had entered the parks facilities and it has and has not changed.  Its still as calm and quite as I remember it.  The trails are developed a little more.  But the quaintness of the grounds has not changed.  Some of the guests at the campgrounds that I spoke with, make this location an annual trip, a kind of  fall pilgrimage. They invited me to come back at sunrise and reported all the different wildlife they had seen just that morning.  I didn't have a pad of paper with me (darn) but do remember it was lengthy.  I was surprised by the friendliness of the guests...they didn't know me, I was just driving through taking photos....but they did take the time to praise the facilities and the staff.  I had to regretfully decline their invitation as I had to work the next day...but as I left the campground I had a sense of tranquility and neighborliness I had not entered with.  Thank you to everyone for a beautiful afternoon!

Want to know more:  http://www.fremontjellystone.com


To Order Cards or Prints:

To Follow Blog or Working On:

Photo Contests:  Vote For
http://www.pixoto.com/caroltoepke


No comments: